SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – Numerous restaurants and eateries throughout the greater Capital Region will offer special pricing and menus in celebration of the Mid-Summer Derby during the sixth annual Travers 1864 Restaurant Week from Sunday, August 23 through Thursday, August 27.
During the five-day event, diners will enjoy a three-course meal at participating Capital Region restaurants for the prix-fixe cost of $18.64, the year of the inaugural running of the Travers, the oldest major stakes race in the country for three-year-olds.
The area-wide offering takes place in the days leading up to the 146th running of the Grade 1, $1.25 million Travers on Saturday, August 29 at Saratoga Race Course.
Travers Day tickets are sold out, but fans can watch and wager on a record seven graded stakes on Travers Day with a NYRA wagering account available online at nyra.com.
This year’s Travers Day will feature the addition of three Grade 1 stakes to comprise a blockbuster lineup of six Grade 1 races and a Grade 2 for a total of seven graded stakes worth more than a combined $5 million on the afternoon.
“Travers 1864 is one element of a community-wide celebration in honor of our biggest and most historic race, which will headline what is sure to be a spectacular day of racing at Saratoga,” said The New York Racing Association, Inc. Senior Vice President and Chief Experience Officer Lynn LaRocca. “We’re thrilled to have Travers 1864 Restaurant Week return for a sixth year to usher in the social and sporting event of the summer season, the Travers.”
The current list of confirmed, participating restaurants from throughout the Capital Region includes:
- Albany Marriott in Colonie
- Angelo’s Prime Bar & Grill in Clifton Park
- Angelo’s Tavolo in Scotia
- Buca di Beppo in Colonie
- Café Nola in Schenectady
- Cella Bistro in Schenectady
- Charlton Tavern in Charlton
- Circus Café in Saratoga Springs
- Cornell’s Restaurant in Schenectady
- Crown Grill in Saratoga Springs
- Katie O’Byrnes in Schenectady
- Jack’s Oyster House in Albany
- Manhattan Exchange in Schenectady
- Marotta’s Bar-Risto in Schenectady
- MORE Perreca’s in Schenectady
- Puzzle’s Bakery and Café in Schenectady
- Ravenous in Saratoga Springs
- Thai Thai Bistro in Schenectady
- Valentino’s in Amsterdam
- Van Dyck Lounge in Schenectady
- Water’s Edge Lighthouse in Schenectady
$18.64 price may not include tax, gratuity and beverage.
Travers Week festivities will also include the annual Red Jacket Ceremony on the eve of the Travers, Friday, August 28. The day will feature the induction of prominent owners Ogden Mills “Dinny” Phipps of Phipps Stable and Marylou Whitney of Marylou Whitney Stables into the Saratoga Race Course Walk of Fame. The honorees will unveil their plaques during the ceremony, scheduled for 12:15 p.m.
The 2015 summer meet at historic Saratoga Race Course continues through Labor Day, Monday, September 7. For more information about Saratoga Race Course, call (518) 584-6200 or visit NYRA.com.