Espresso re-launch includes new state-of-the-art equipment and new espresso recipe to create rich, smooth and balanced espresso drinks
First 1,000 fans in attendance at Wednesday’s Siena home opener to receive a $5 Dunkin’ card good for purchase of new handcrafted espresso drinks
ALBANY, NEW YORK; – Siena men’s basketball head coach Jamion Christian today made a special visit to a local Dunkin’ restaurant to surprise guests in celebration of the new handcrafted espresso drinks at Dunkin’ and the Saints’ upcoming home opener at the Times Union Center.
The surprise visit comes just days after Dunkin’ launched an entirely new handcrafted espresso experience and lineup of espresso drinks which include a rich, smooth and balanced taste. With new state-of-the-art espresso equipment for optimal espresso bean extraction, a new recipe for a stronger and more robust flavor profile, and even a bold and bright new cup design, the brand that already keeps America running with great coffee is now determined to become the destination for the best lattes, cappuccinos, Americanos, macchiatos and more.
Coach Christian spent the morning filling orders and treating guests to the new espresso drinks at the Dunkin’ restaurant, located at 1636 Central Ave in Colonie, NY.
“Dunkin’ is committed to offering our guests quality espresso products and we are excited to introduce a new recipe and brand new equipment which provide a stronger and more robust flavor profile that our guests will enjoy,” said Eric Stensland, Integrated Marketing Manager, Dunkin’. “We are happy to celebrate our entirely new handcrafted espresso experience and lineup of espresso drinks with the Capital Region community and Coach Christian before the Saints home opener on Wednesday night.”
The Siena men’s basketball team makes its 2018-19 season debut at home on Wednesday, November 21 against Lehigh University at 6 p.m. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a $5 Dunkin’ card that may be used to purchase the new handcrafted espresso drinks.
Dunkin’ will extend espresso excitement throughout November and December, including:
- Medium lattes or cappuccinos for $2 all day, November 19 – 25: For one of the busiest travel weeks of the year, Dunkin’ will keep guests running before and after Thanksgiving with a medium-sized latte or cappuccino for the special price of $2, available all day at participating locations.
- A Black Friday lift with FREE Lyft rides, November 23: To help people get to Dunkin’ restaurants quickly and easily to enjoy a new espresso or other favorite menu items on Black Friday, on November 23 Dunkin’ will provide one free Lyft ride to a Dunkin’ location for up to 25,000 users if they use the promo code SipDunkin from 4AM – 3PM EST.*
- National Espresso Day Celebration, November 23: Friday, November 23 isn’t just Black Friday, it’s also National Espresso Day. To help guests give Black Friday their best shot on this busy shopping day, Dunkin’ is offering espresso shots in any beverage for 50 cents, available all day at participating locations.
- Enjoy an espresso break every afternoon, November 26 – December 30: Need an afternoon break amid the hectic holiday season? From November 26 to December 30, guests can enjoy a medium-sized Dunkin’ latte or cappuccino for $2 from 2 PM to 6 PM at participating locations.
- Tour with world-renowned Latte Artist Michael Breach: To further celebrate its new espresso experience, throughout the holiday season select Dunkin’ locations will be hosting events with special appearances by world-renowned Latte Artist Michael Breach (Instagram: @BaristArt). Michael will surprise fans with custom latte art featuring portraits of their faces on a latte. Each personalized latte is created by hand with impressive precision and accuracy using a special toothpick to detail faces or any image in the latte foam.
With the launch, Dunkin’ is adding two new espresso drinks to its menu for the first time, serving new Iced Cappuccino and Iced Americano. The Iced Cappuccino is brewed with freshly ground espresso beans and then blended with milk and served over ice for a refreshing, frothy and bold iced beverage. The Iced Americano blends a double shot of Dunkin’s espresso with water for a refreshing, espresso-forward cup. Both will be available at participating Dunkin’ locations nationwide starting today.
Following the company’s rebranding designed to emphasize its beverage-focused strategy, the Dunkin’ espresso relaunch is one of the most transformative product initiatives in the brand’s recent history, including when the brand first launched espresso in 2003. Earlier this year, Dunkin’ Brands announced plans to invest approximately $100 million into the Dunkin’ U.S. business, more than half of which is committed to restaurant equipment, enabling the company to accelerate its beverage-led strategy, including espresso. With Dunkin’ franchisees also making a substantial investment in the initiative, the brand is determined to be known for great-tasting espresso drinks and to grow its share of the hot and iced espresso category.
*Limit one ride per account, up to a $10 value per ride to participating Dunkin’ locations.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 12 years running. The company has more than 12,700 restaurants in 43 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.