Local businesses offer unique and affordable items to celebrate mom
ALBANY, N.Y.– Stuyvesant Plaza will ensure that each mom receives the recognition she deserves with its Mother’s Day gift guide, which is designed to provide an array of diverse and affordable selections from the stores and boutiques that comprise the lifestyle shopping plaza. Mother’s Day will be celebrated this year on Sunday, May 14.
The gift guide features numerous ideas to fit every individual’s personal style and budget, including brunch packages, designer and handmade jewelry, and ceramic hand-painted flower pots. The complete guide can be viewed at www.stuyvesantplaza.com.
Included among the classic and creative ideas in this year’s gift guide are:
- 25 Silver Boutique will celebrate the special bond children have with their mothers by offering designer jewelry brands that show both admiration and love. The boutique is offering a limited edition “Tree of Hearts” bangle gift set by Pandora ($125) and a special Mother’s Day bangle set by Alex and Ani.
- Footbeats Stride Rite will help mothers save money and put their child’s best foot forward this summer with a special Jambu Trunk Show on Saturday, May 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will feature live entertainment, new shoe styles and giveaways for participating customers.
- The Hot Yoga Spot Albany will celebrate mothers with a special two-hour yoga experience ($25) on Mother’s Day. The event will feature guided meditation, pranayama, all level vinyasa flow, yin yoga and savasana assists. Attendees will also be treated to live music by Kirtan Wala Kalidasa. The Mother’s Day class will take place Sunday, May 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Jacob and Anthony’s Italian will treat mom to a special meal during a Mother’s Day brunch featuring breakfast lasagna, wraps, egg sandwiches and more. Reservations are available by phone at (518) 599-5331.
- Pearl Grant Richmans will provide numerous perks for shoppers seeking a special gift this Mother’s Day. The store will offer a free Michael Aram Clover Jewelry Box with any $150 jewelry purchase; a free Blue Chevron Cosmetic Bag and Crabtree & Evelyn Goatmilk and LaSource Hand Therapies with any $75 purchase from the spa, bath and body department; a free box of Oliver Kita chocolates with any purchase of $75 from the gourmet food and chocolates department; and a free pair of sterling and platinum colored CZ earrings with the purchase of any Crislu jewelry.
- The Pottery Place will welcome children to make a custom flower pot for mom. The Mother’s Day special ($27) includes unlimited studio time to create a one-of-a-kind ceramic flower pot for mom, complete with a flowering plant. After presenting the gift, children can bring mom back on Mother’s Day and her studio fee will be free.
- Provence will offer a special Mother’s Day brunch for families with a complete buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost is $42.95 for adults and $18.95 for children ages 5-12. The French and Mediterranean restaurant will also serve a la carte dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Reservations are available by phone at (518) 689-7777.
- The RAD Soap Co. will pamper all mothers before their special day with complimentary massages, product demos and refreshments on May 13.
- Ten Thousand Villages will offer unique gifts for mom with a special hand-crafted jewelry sale now through Mother’s Day. All jewelry at the store is buy-one, get-one 50 percent off through May 14.
In addition to the featured items, Stuyvesant Plaza shops offer Mother’s Day staples such as salon and spa pampering treatments, designer clothing and jewelry at Frank Adams Jewelers, Casual Set, and Circles.
Additionally, Emil J. Nagengast Florist can deliver a variety of custom floral bouquets, gifts, flowers, plants and balloons this Mother’s Day.
The complete Mother’s Day gift guide is available at www.stuyvesantplaza.com.
About Stuyvesant Plaza
From one-of-a-kind shops to the finest nationally known names in retail, Stuyvesant Plaza is home to more than 50 other unique shops and restaurants in a spectacular setting. In 2009, Stuyvesant Plaza commemorated 50 years as the premiere lifestyle shopping center and professional office park in the Capital District.