ADMISSION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- Admission gates open at 7 a.m. on Travers Day, with a special first post time of 11:35 a.m.
- Parking gates open at 6:45 a.m.
- Grandstand admission tickets purchased in advance for Travers Day are $10.
- Grandstand admission on Travers Day is $15.
- Travers Day admission may be purchased online at www.Ticketmaster.com or in person at the NYRA Box Office at Saratoga Race Course.
- Saratoga season pass holders are guaranteed admission on Travers Day.
- Paid admission will be capped at 50,000 for the safety and comfort of all guests.
- There are no clubhouse upgrades on Travers Day.
- There is no Breakfast at Saratoga, presented by CDTA, on the Clubhouse Porch and no Backstretch Tram Tours on Travers Day.
- All reserved seats, dining, hospitality and clubhouse admission are sold out for Travers Day.
RUNHAPPY TRAVERS FIELD
- This year’s edition of the Travers will be filled with intrigue as fans await to see whether a filly can be the first to capture the race since 1915.
- When Wonder Gadot enters the starting gate she will be the first to take on the boys since 1979 and will be seeking to become the first filly since Lady Rotha to win the Travers. Wonder Gadot is named for the actress who played Wonder Woman in the recent hit movie.
- The strong 11-horse field also includes:
- Gronkowski, whose namesake is Rob Gronkowski, the all-pro tight end for the New England Patriots. When last seen, Gronkowski finished second in the Belmont Stakes after a successful campaign in Europe.
- Catholic Boy, who is coming off a solid win on the turf in the Belmont Derby and will be making the switch back to dirt in an intriguing storyline.
- Wood Memorial winner Vino Rosso
- Jim Dandy winner Tenfold
- Mendelssohn, who is shipping in from Europe for champion trainer Aidan O’Brien
- Haskell winner and morning-line favorite Good Magic
- The Runhappy Travers will be one of six Grade 1 stakes on Travers Day, which will also feature the Grade 1, $1 million Sword Dancer, the Grade 1, $700,000 Personal Ensign, the Grade 1, $600,000 Forego, the Grade 1, $500,000 Ketel One Ballerina and the Grade 1 $500,000 H. Allen Jerkens presented by Runhappy. The blockbuster card will also include the Grade 2, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa.
TRAVERS DAY WAGERS
- The Runhappy Travers will be part of a special NYRA Bets Late Pick 5 which will feature a minimum single-ticket payout of $1 million.
- The $1 million single ticket payout bonus is available only to NYRA Bets customers online, on track, and at New York State simulcasting facilities. Visit NYRABets.com for details.
- The Travers Day NYRA Bets Late Pick 5 will start with Race 7, the Personal Ensign, and end with Race 11, the Runhappy Travers.
- Travers Day will also feature an all-stakes Pick 4 guaranteed at $1 million that will begin with Race 8, the Ketel One Ballerina, and conclude with the Runhappy Travers.
TRAVERS DAY TELEVISION COVERAGE
- The Runhappy Travers will be part of a special two-hour broadcast beginning at 4 p.m. on NBC.
- A special three-hour Travers Day edition of Saratoga Live will be broadcast on FS2 and MSG + beginning at 1 p.m. The Runhappy Travers is scheduled to go to post at 5:44 p.m.
TRAVERS DAY ACTIVITIES
- Master Sergeant Mary Kay Messenger of the United States Military Academy at West Point will perform the National Anthem.
- Cadets from the United States Military Academy Parachute Team will perform a precision freefall demonstration on Travers Day. The cadets will parachute onto the outer turf course from a helicopter hovering approximately 3,500 feet over the Saratoga infield at approximately 4:25 p.m. (weather permitting). A practice jump will occur at approximately 10:15 a.m. The cadets will utilize a remote camera to showcase the jump on the Saratoga video boards.
- Travers Day is also a Fashion Saturdays, the weekly event designed to showcase the tradition of style in thoroughbred racing. Fashion Saturdays features women’s and men’s apparel and accessories from local retailers, as well as a selection of home décor, spa care and jewelry items at the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Community Outreach Booth will host the Backstretch Employee Service Team, which aids the hard-working men and women employed to take care of the horses in the barn area.
- All guests are subject to enhanced screening upon entering the grounds. It is recommended that guests allot additional time when planning their trip to Saratoga for Travers Day.
- Guests will NOT be permitted to run once inside the property for their safety. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- There is a strict limit of one picnic table per person in the backyard. Re-selling of picnic tables is not allowed and will result in expulsion from track grounds.
- Fans planning to attend the Travers can review a full list of track policies at www.nyra.com/saratoga/visit/saratoga-track-policies.