“Moments” concept design features modern storefront and innovative technologies, which are the first of its kind in New York
HORSEHEADS, NY; – Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of specialty ice cream shops, today unveiled a “Moments” concept store in Horseheads, NY. The new restaurant, located at 3317 Chambers Road, is the first of its kind in New York and offers guests an entirely new and engaging experience.
The “Moments” store concept is designed to deliver on Baskin-Robbins’ commitment to bringing guests great flavors and memorable moments. The 2,700-square-foot Horseheads location showcases the brand’s U.S. store of the future, with an atmosphere purposefully designed to make it easier than ever to connect with people over ice cream.
This state-of-the-art restaurant was made possible by Baskin-Robbins Franchisee and Chief Executive Officer of Bapa Ice Cream, LLC Manish Patel. The Patel family has been a franchisee of Dunkin’ locations in four states including the Dunkin’ location in Horseheads for over 25 years. This marks the first Baskin-Robbins location for the Patel family which has plans to open several others in the future.
“We are thrilled to be a part of Baskin-Robbins’ ‘Moments’ store initiative and can’t wait to bring this innovative new restaurant to the Horseheads community,” said Patel. “The new menu offerings and approachable atmosphere will grab the attention of Baskin-Robbins fans and create joyful moments for guests for years to come.”
Exciting elements of the new Baskin-Robbins restaurant experience include:
- Modern Design: The special interior design features inviting and contemporary décor with bright colors to spark joy and optimism and creates a premium experience for guests to create special moments.
- New Ice Cream Dipping Cabinets: An expanded row of modern and sleek glass cases prominently displays premium ice cream flavors, ice cream cakes and the new ice cream novelties collection.
- Modernized Menu: A new product platform called ice cream novelties features premium, hand-dipped and snackable frozen treats. This includes new items like chocolate-dipped bananas, individual Polar Pizza slices, Ice Cream Bars, Smoothie Bars and indulgent, hand-dipped fancy waffle cones. An expanded toppings station also gives guests more variety and options for customization when choosing a sweet treat.
- Custom Wall Mural: A colorful wall mural features unique and interactive artwork to celebrate the key attributes of each local community and help create a strong connection between Baskin-Robbins and local guests. The mural also includes images that are intended for guests to engage with and share photos of on social media. The mural in Horseheads was designed to incorporate local architecture and landmarks including the airport, bridges and the village setting.
- Flexible and comfortable seating: Indoor seating gives guests more options and features upholstered banquette and oversized swivel chair for maximum comfort.
- Upgraded digital menu boards: An entirely new digital menu board displays products in an engaging way with high quality photos and video imagery.
Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Sunday, the new restaurant will employ approximately 12 crew members. The new restaurant will also have a private party space for meetings and small gatherings.
Baskin-Robbins will also host a community celebration on Saturday, July 13 from noon to 4 p.m. The community event will feature balloon artists, face painters and other entertainment for local children and families. Additionally, the new Baskin-Robbins will celebrate the grand opening by offering guests 31 cent scoops of ice cream.
For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ wide variety of premium ice cream flavors and frozen desserts, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins), Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins) or Instagram (www.instagram.com/BaskinRobbins).
Named a top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine’s 38th annual Franchise 500® ranking in 2017, Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium hard scoop ice cream, a full range of beverages, and a delicious lineup of desserts including custom ice cream cakes, the Polar Pizza® Ice Cream Treat and take-home ice cream quarts and pints, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 8,000 retail shops in 54 countries worldwide. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,300 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.